Welcome to 147 in Spanish, our post which answers the question what is 147 in Spanish for both, cardinal as well as ordinal numbers in writing and speech. If you have been looking for one hundred and forty-seventh in Spanish, or if you googled for how do you say one hundred and forty-seven in Spanish, then you have come to the right website, too. Reading our article to the end, you will learn how to say and write 147 like the people of Spain and Mexico for example.
One hundred and forty-seven in Spanish
The cardinal number one hundred and forty-seven only has one form in Spanish. As noun, adjective or pronoun 147 as cardinal number in Spanish is ciento cuarenta y siete.
Click the speaker to hear the pronunciation of ciento cuarenta y siete ciento cuarenta y siete
A cardinal like ciento cuarenta y siete is part of speech or writing used to count, indicate the size of a group or set, et cetera. Check out these examples:
- One hundred and forty-seven = ciento cuarenta y siete
- One hundred and forty-seven men = ciento cuarenta y siete hombres
- One hundred and forty-seven women = ciento cuarenta y siete mujeres
- One hundred and forty-seven thousand dollars = ciento cuarenta y siete mil dólares
- One hundred and forty-seven crazy ideas = ciento cuarenta y siete ideas locas
As you can see, ciento cuarenta y siete does not adapt to gender as explained on our homepage.
Note that one hundred and forty-seventh in Spanish can be located three paragraphs further below. Next we answer how do you say one hundred and forty-seven in Spanish for two dialects.[wp_bannerize_pro categories="amazon,amazon2" orderby="random" numbers="1"]
How do you say 147 in Spanish?
Here, we are going to show you how to say 147 in Spanish using the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA), an alphabetic system of phonetic notation which uses the Latin alphabet:
- In Spanish of Spain, 147 is pronounced ˈθjento kwaˈɾenta i ˈsjete, e.g. for one hundred and forty-seven dollars you say ˈθjento kwaˈɾenta i ˈsjete ˈðolaɾes
- In Mexican Spanish one hundred and forty-seven is pronounced ˈsjento kwaˈɾenta i ˈsjete: ˈsjento kwaˈɾenta i ˈsjete ˈðolaɾes
- In Spanish as spoken in Spain, for one hundred and forty-seven people you say ˈθjento kwaˈɾenta i ˈsjete peɾˈsonas
- In Spanish as spoken in Mexico, 147 people is pronounced ˈsjento kwaˈɾenta i ˈsjete peɾˈsonas
There is a great many of countries where Spanish is spoken or is the official language; therefore, the actual pronunciation of 147 depends on the particular dialect under consideration.
For detailed information about the rules for building simple and compound cardinals such as 147 read our article Numbers in Spanish, located in the header menu.
In the next section we elaborate of the spelling of 147 in Spanish.
How do you Spell 147 in Spanish?
Taking all of the above into account, you already know the answer to how do you spell 147 in Spanish language. 147 in Spanish spelling is ciento cuarenta y siete.
In case the phonetic spelling of 147 has caught your attention, then have a look at the reference section at the bottom of our home page to learn more about the phonetic alphabet.
Chances are that you are also interested in the linguistics and grammar aspects of the numeral ciento cuarenta y siete, which can be attributive or pronominal, as shown below.
In the case of one hundred and forty-seven women (ciento cuarenta y siete mujeres), the use of the numeral is pronominal.
In the sentence “I saw one hundred and forty-seven” (“Vi a ciento cuarenta y siete”), ciento cuarenta y siete serves as a pronoun.
Besides the Spanish number 147, you may also be interested in:
In the following part we are going to discuss the Spanish equivalents of 147th and one hundred and forty-seventh, the ordinal numbers which characterize importance, size, chronology, etc.
One hundred and forty-seventh in Spanish
In Spanish, all ordinal numbers including one hundred and forty-seventh represent a position or rank in a sequential order. One hundred and forty-seventh in Spanish can be a pronoun or adjective; usually it’s an adjective though.
One hundred and forty-seventh takes on 4 forms as follows. Let’s start with that one hundred and forty-seventh in Spanish has a masculine and feminine form to adapt to the succeeding noun, or to function as pronoun:
- centésimo cuadragésimo séptimo centésimo cuadragésimo séptimo + masculine noun or as masculine pronoun, (both singular)
- centésima cuadragésima séptima centésima cuadragésima séptima + feminine noun or as feminine pronoun, (both singular)
- The one hundred and forty-seventh = el centésimo cuadragésimo séptimo / la centésima cuadragésima séptima
- The one hundred and forty-seventh man = el centésimo cuadragésimo séptimo hombre
- The one hundred and forty-seventh woman = la centésima cuadragésima séptima mujer
Important: In day-to-day speech ordinal numbers as big as 147 are hardly ever used. Rather, they are replaced by cardinal numbers following the noun.
For example, instead of centésimo cuadragésimo séptimo paso (step) or centésima cuadragésima séptima galaxia (galaxy) we usually say paso doce and galaxia doce, respectively.
Because the ordinal number centésimo cuadragésimo séptimo is an adjective or pronoun, it does not only adapt to gender, but in addition to the singular also has a plural form.
The plural is built by appending s to the singular pronominal form:
centésimo cuadragésimo séptimo → centésimos cuadragésimos séptimos centésimos cuadragésimos séptimos
centésima cuadragésima séptima → centésimas cuadragésimas séptimas centésimas cuadragésimas séptimas
If you can come up with a meaningful example for centésimos cuadragésimos séptimos / centésimas cuadragésimas séptimas, either as adjective or pronoun, then let us know and we will gladly publish it here.
One hundred and forty-seventh in Spanish Pronunciation
In Spain, the numeral centésimo cuadragésimo séptimo is pronounced as follows:
- centésimo cuadragésimo séptimo = θenˈtesimo kwaðɾaˈxesimo ˈseptimo
- centésimos cuadragésimos séptimos = θenˈtesimos kwaðɾaˈxesimos ˈseptimos
- centésima cuadragésima séptima = θenˈtesima kwaðɾaˈxesima ˈseptima
- centésimas cuadragésimas séptimas = θenˈtesimas kwaðɾaˈxesimas ˈseptimas
In Mexico, the numeral centésimo cuadragésimo séptimo is pronounced as indicated below:
- centésimo cuadragésimo séptimo = senˈtesimo kwaðɾaˈxesimo ˈseptimo
- centésimos cuadragésimos séptimos = senˈtesimos kwaðɾaˈxesimos ˈseptimos
- centésima cuadragésima séptima = senˈtesima kwaðɾaˈxesima ˈseptima
- centésimas cuadragésimas séptimas = senˈtesimas kwaðɾaˈxesimas ˈseptimas
147th in Spanish
147th in Spanish is 147.º (º denotes masculine) or 147.ª (ª denotes feminine), yet, these days, the dot after the suffix is often omitted: 147º or 147ª. By way of illustration:
147th man = 147º hombre
147th woman = 147ª mujer
Historically, ordinal indicators have been underlined, thus 147o / 147a and 147.o / 147.a are also valid. Plural ordinal indicators take on an s, e.g. 147.os.
Do not confuse 147ª with 147a, the latter is the superscript lower-case a. Likewise, make sure to understand the difference between 147º, 147° (degrees) and 147˚(ring diacritic).
If your input device isn’t equipped with the º and ª keys, copy them from here, enter the keyboard combination corresponding to your OS, or make use of superscript as last resort.
If this information has been useful to you, then we would appreciate if you hit the share buttons to support us. Ahead is the summary of one hundred and forty-seven in Spanish language.
What is 147 in Spanish?
If you don’t know what’s 147 in Spanish as cardinal or ordinal, then carefully read our article once more. Other frequently searched terms in the context of Spanish 147 include:
- 147 Spanish
- How to say one hundred and forty-seven in Spanish?
- What is one hundred and forty-seven in Spanish?
- Spanish for 147
- Spanish one hundred and forty-seven
These, and lots of other terms, can also be looked up in the search form of the sidebar. Enter, for instance, one hundred and forty-seven Spanish or something similar like Spanish word for 147.
This ends our information on one hundred and forty-seven in Spanish numbers. If the content of this page has been helpful to you, please spread the word about our site.
For questions, observations and other feedback on Spanish for one hundred and forty-seven please make use of the comment form at the bottom, or email us.
Now, applying what you have just learned here, try to count up to 147 in Spanish. Numbers lower than one hundred and forty-seven can be looked up using the aforementioned form.
Don’t forget to bookmark us, and thanks for visiting our 147 in Spanish translation.